Lovamahapaya is sited between Ruwanweliseya and Sri Maha Bodhiya in the ancient city of Anuradhapura, Sri Lanka. It is also known as the Brazen Palace or Lohaprasadaya because the roof was covered with bronze tiles. It was originally built by King Dutugemunu more than 2000 years ago, but was rebuilt many times, each time it lost a little of its grandeur. There are remains of 1600 columns all that are left of this huge palace. According to archaeological evidence it had nine storeys and could accommodate around 1000 monks and attendants. The current stand of pillars (now fenced off) is all that remains from the last structure rebuild by King Parakramabahu around the 12th century